Direct Mail Packages
Direct Mail Advertising Formats
Mail Masters specializes in helping our customers select the most effective format, method and approach to meet their marketing goals and maximize the ROI on the marketing budget.
Mail Masters helps eliminate costly mistakes that can delay mailing or reduce your response rate. It is crucial to your success to know when and why to select a format for direct mail advertising. We also set up tracking methods to measure and justify your marketing investment.
What direct mail formats are most frequently used, and when should they be used?
Postcards are a popular and inexpensive way to offer a discount or thank you gift. Postcards work well for a simple message used to generate inquiries, if the message is short and does not require many added details. By using variable printing, postcards can use individual names within a headline or design to get attention.
Use postcards when:
- You have a change of address or new location.
- You have a time-limited special promotional offer.
- Your loyalty program offers birthday or anniversary discounts.
- You are driving repeat business.
- More information is on your website.
Selectively targeted lists are the opposite of high volume mailings. When you sell luxury items or offer special educational or investment programs, a high quality invitation can work wonders. The invitation can be small and discrete, but works best when the quality and weight stand out.
Use invitations when:
- Contacting professional and executive level customers at offices
- Attracting attendees to conferences, presentations, and other events
- Providing selective offers targeted for high income individuals.
New Mover Mailing
This group includes new homeowners and new residents in apartments. We can set up a direct mail campaign to deliver monthly to new residents within your desired target market. Enjoy heightened brand awareness just as new residents are looking for services within their new communities. Excellent for home and personal service providers, restaurants, insurance services and more!
Contact us about our New Mover Mailing.
Pre Mover Mailing
This is a list of individuals that have a home for sale. This is a very unique group that has specific needs. They are very responsive to offers that will help them in their move like moving companies, home improvement contractors, insurance agents, financial institutions, and mortgage professionals.
Contact us about our Pre Mover Mailing.
New Businesses Mailing
There are many new businesses starting up each month. These businesses need services and products to get them going. If you offer accounting, phone equipment, computer & network services, website development, marketing, office supplies, office furniture and equipment or any other product or service that businesses need, then you need to start attracting the new businesses that are ready to purchase from you.
Contact us about our New Business Mailing.
Personalized Direct Mail Letters (#10 Envelope)
Letters are important where you have existing relationships to maintain, such as for ongoing communication with customers, dealers /distributors, franchisees, independent representatives and suppliers. Personalized letters are often the best choice for fund-raising requests to established donors. Associations and other membership organizations often use letters. Tri-fold flyers work well as an enclosure with a personalized direct mail letter. Sometimes business cards are enclosed. Stamps can be used to make it seem more personal.
Use personalized letters when:
- The recipient will be addressed by name.
- The communication is meant for an individual.
- The letter is meant to come from a specific person.
- You want to reinforce and build upon your existing relationship.
- Your are responding to a qualified inquiry.
- Privacy and confidentiality are important.
A money-saving approach, the single page folded and sealed with a tab can be mailed without an envelope. It saves money.
Use self-mailers when:
- Your story won’t fit on a postcard.
- There are multiple benefits or examples to share.
- You offer a few different price points or models.
- More illustrations or examples are needed to make the point.
- You want the prospect to request more information.
Direct Mail Packages
Lumpy and unusual mail gets opened! Unique Direct Mail Packages offered through Mail Masters create a response. Get creative with us to send out marketing kits that get attention and drive business.
Classic Direct Mail Packages
A cover letter can be sent with a brochure or directory. Often a reply form / order form, plus business reply envelope will be used. All these items are packaged together in a mailing envelope
Use a classic direct mail package when:
- Several items will be kept together
- The message is 600 words or more
- Your prospect will mail back a check or credit card information
- Privacy is needed
Newsletters and Directories with Advertising
Using variable data printing, it is possible to select the ads to be included for different types of groups or different locations. Localizing content can help to improve advertising opportunities
Segment and personalize your print materials for type of user, location or other demographics to:
- Increase ad revenue from your advertisers
- Increase response rates for your advertisers
- Bring new attention and interest from readers
Catalogs with Inserts or Variable Content
Rather than produce massive catalogs that cost a fortune to ship, it is now possible to sort and select the content for different levels of dealers/distributors. Content can be collated electronically at time of printing, instead of by hand. Product selections can be customized for the local area and regional preferences.
Reduce your catalog costs and target the needs you customers want and your dealers / distributors carry:
- Reduce stocks of single product information sheets
- Reduce printing costs catalogs
- Reduce shipping costs for catalogs
- Improve targeted marketing effectiveness
Additional Memorable Mailings
Mail Masters can advise you on when and when not to use any of the above conventional direct mail advertising formats.
We provide a wide variety of other approaches for our customers.
- Lumpy Mail (Unique mail formats that include a promotional item or something that isn’t flat. These attract major attention)
- Attention-Getting Enclosures
- Dimensional Mail
- Snap Packs
- Gifts and Premiums
- Lunch Bag Mailers
Contact us to help you make the most for your direct mail advertising budget.
Designing Your Direct Mail for Better Response Rates and Higher Return on Investment
Mail Masters can help you increase direct mail advertising response rates by consulting on the content of your message and the layout of your piece. We can focus your call to action to help you get the best response rate. We can make sure your contact information is prominently placed in the position that will draw the most attention. Every one of these details matter.
Sometimes design firms that work with other types of materials are great at clever design, but don’t have the decades of experience in direct mail advertising to make recommendations that improve response rates.
Contact Mail Masters for consultation services to help you reach your goals. Call us at 303-607-9424.
Download Our FREE Report: The Mail Masters Difference
Find out what you need to look out for when you are sourcing direct mail services in Denver. This practical guide includes 3 important questions to ask when searching for direct mail services.